This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
We are Cornwall Bailiffs Ltd, Trading as Cornwall Bailiff Services, herein referred to as CBS, you can reach us at the following addresses:
PENSTRAZE BUSINESS CENTRE PENSTRAZE ,CHACEWATER
TRURO, CORNWALL, TR4 8PN
The CBS has the utmost respect for our website visitors and users of CBS’s services and collect the following data for the stated purposes.
CBS uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which CBS believes may be of interest to you and your business. In you making initial contact you consent to CBS maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. CBS also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, CBS will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. CBS may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors. CBS may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website.
A cookie is a file that is downloaded on your computer (or mobile device) in order to store data that can be updated and recovered by the entity responsible for installing it.
- The cookies to improve your navigation on the site, distinguish from other users, improve the use of the site, and identify problems to improve our site.
Type of cookies used on the Website
These cookies are sent to your computer and managed solely by us to ensure the better functioning of the Website. The information gathered is used to improve the quality of our service and enhance your user experience. These cookies remain in your browser for longer, allowing us to recognise you as a repeat visitor to the Website and adapt its content to offer you content in line with your preferences.
Third-party analytics cookies:
By browsing and remaining on our Website, you are consenting to the use of the above cookies, for the time periods established and, on the conditions, contained in this Cookies Policy.
Changing your browser cookie configuration and settings:
You can allow, block or remove the cookies stored on your system by changing the configuration of your browser.
- For more information on MS Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-xl/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- For more information on Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- For more information on Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=”es“
- For more information on Safari: http://www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
Check the help or support of your browser provider if you are using a different browser.
If you do not accept cookies of this site it is possible that some options do not work as expected.
Change to the Cookies Policy
CBS adheres to strict industry standards for web security and payment processing, including:
- 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry-leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Our data is secured and is safeguarded according to normal industry standards.
CBS is not responsible for the content or policies of external Web sites to which we may link our content.
Any information CBS holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
CBS will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with marketing and services, we do not sell or broker your data, although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that CBS has received from a third-party, or on behalf of a client.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet CBS’s contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
Legitimate interests pursued by CBS and/or its clients
To promote the marketing and services offered by CBS and/or to market the services and/or products offered by CBS’s existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to CBS processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us, see last section for full contact details.
CBS may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. CBS requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
CBS do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. However, CBS may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request. The agency may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of CBS, its clients and/or the wider community.
CBS will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. CBS does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst CBS is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification– you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing– where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling– you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that CBS refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
CBS at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (CBS) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of CBS or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Information Commissioner).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
CBS will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If CBS is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made by writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by CBS or its partners, you have the right to complain to CBS’s Directors. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Commission.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Cornwall Bailiffs, attention of the Director.
PENSTRAZE BUSINESS CENTRE PENSTRAZE, CHACEWATER
TRURO, CORNWALL, TR4 8PN
Information Commissioners Office
The purpose of us processing your personal data is to recover an unpaid arrears on behalf of our client the parking operator who issued you with the original parking charge.
We are Cornwall Bailiffs Limited and we are the data processor working under contract of our client. This notice explains how we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Legislation.
Our registered address is:
PENSTRAZE BUSINESS CENTRE PENSTRAZE , CHACEWATER
TRURO, CORNWALL, TR4 8PN
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We receive personal data about you from third parties;
- Our client who is the owner of the debt and who choose to use the service we offer
- We receive data from the DVLA
- We may also obtain information from external credit reference agencies
- In addition, we may also collect information from you or anyone who you give us authorisation to speak with (an appointed representative)
- Through the use of our website
- From communications between us such as within telephone calls, letters, emails, via automated payment website and telephone payment line
Categories of personal data: The personal data that we collect and receive from third parties, from yourself and your appointed representatives may include any or all of the following: your name, address, vehicle registration number, email address, phone number, debt origins and details (the date, time, location, contravention details and outstanding charge amount), photographic evidence, your comments from calls or correspondence you have provided to us.
Please note we may combine personal data we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
The lawful bases for processing your personal data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of our client, to recover the outstanding arrears.
All data Cornwall Bailiffs Limited receive is processed in accordance with this privacy notice.
We will use personal data held about you in the following ways;
- For debt collection purposes and to provide services to our client including to manage your account,
- To ensure that we are able to agree payment plans that are appropriate to your individual circumstances at our discretion;
- To carry out our obligations to our client, who wish to use the service we offer in line with the terms and conditions detailed on our website.
We may also obtain information from Credit References Agencies to help locate you and to check/update your contact details.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We may share your data with the following;
- The Payment Processor for processing any online payments
- The Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- Print and mail service providers for the purpose of contacting you by post
- Email service providers for the purpose of responding to you.
- Credit reference agents for the purpose of ensuring we are writing to you at your most recent correspondence address
- Any other duly authorised sub-contractors
We do not send any data outside of the EU.
STORAGE AND SECURITY
We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice and for up to 6 years in order to protect our position in the event of any legal disputes. This may be extended if disputes are ongoing.
All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers. In addition, we seek to protect the privacy of your information at all times when you visit our website. If you choose to send personal information to us (i.e. by clicking a Confirm/Send button) the information you supply will be sent and processed in a secure manner.
Your personal information will not be communicated to non-connected third parties (i.e. marketing or advertising companies), except where there is a direct link from this site to an external website and you choose to supply your information independently on those sites. Please observe the privacy notice and terms and conditions of external sites you may be directed to from this site. remain vigilant when using your personal details on the internet.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
You may voluntarily give such personal data to us via telephone calls, letters or emails. This may involve collecting and using sensitive personal data. We will only use this personal data for debt collection purposes and would only share such sensitive personal data with those other members of Cornwall Bailiffs Limited and our clients who need to be aware of such information for debt collection purposes only.
CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES
We may obtain personal data about you from the CRAs for debt collection purposes and to verify your identity and to locate you.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA AND COMPLAINTS
Under data protection law, you have the following rights in respect of the information we hold about you:
You are entitled to access the information which we hold about you. Please make any requests in writing, addressed to: The Data Protection Officer, Cornwall Bailiffs Limited,
PENSTRAZE BUSINESS CENTRE PENSTRAZE, CHACEWATER
TRURO, CORNWALL, TR4 8PN
In order to protect your information, we request that you provide evidence of your identity such as a photocopy (please do not send us the original) of your current passport or driving licence.
If you do not think that the information we hold about you is correct, or you think that we do not have all the information which we should have about you, you can request that we rectify this information.
You can ask that we restrict the way that your data is used.
If you object to the way that we are processing your data, you can contact us to tell us why you think we should stop processing it.
Once we have finished processing your data you can request that we erase the data which we hold about you.
Once we have received your request for us to do any of the above, we will contact you within one calendar month either to confirm that we have carried out your request or why we have not. In some cases, we will not have to process your request, or will not be able to. We will still contact you within 30 days to explain to you why this is the case.
If you wish to raise a complaint about how your data has been handled please send your complaint in writing to The Data Protection Officer, Cornwall Bailiffs Limited,
PENSTRAZE BUSINESS CENTRE PENSTRAZE, CHACEWATER, TRURO
CORNWALL, TR4 8PN
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your concern then please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 or visit the ICO website www.ico.org.uk
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or your use of those websites.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page.